Erdeor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Text Based Fantasy Role Play

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wildgrowth Forest

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:25 am

*Rulkim considers her statement briefly, before deciding on an answer*

Perhaps I thought it would be an entertaining challenge to keep a city elf alive in the middle of the wilderness. Or maybe you are just some test sent by the ancestors or by Ralaeth.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:29 am

*She made a sound that might have almost been mistaken for a laugh, if it wasn't so blatantly obvious that the two of them despised one another. She tossed a clump of mud at the Orc.*

"You have a strange definition for what is 'fun,' Rulkim. And from what I hear, your god doesn't take much of an interest in testing his followers."

Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:32 am

*Rulkim flattens his gaze on the elf. So much for her theological knowledge. Slowly Rulkim comes to terms with the fact he would likely spend quite a bit of time explaining basic realities to this confused Silbaran.*

You don't understand then. All of life is a test, a constant struggle against the elements, yourself, others. We are tested every day in more ways than you realize.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:42 am

*She tilted her head back with a sigh. The man was thick as tar, and just about as easy to work with.*

"Aren't we just. Leave me be, Orc. Do us both a favor and go back to wandering the world alone."

*She turned away from him, rolling to her other side.*
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:44 am

*Rulkim shrugs and stands.*

Have it your way. I'll trust you will shout if you get attacked by more goblins.

*Trudging back into the woods a ways, Rulkim sits against a tree trunk from which he can watch the elf.*
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:32 pm

*Isis rested for a couple of hours, waiting for the sun to rise high and the warmth of it to rouse her before stirring again. Enough time had to have passed by now for the Orc to have gained some distance. She jerked her ruined boots back onto her feet and gathered her longbow back onto her shoulder. Her first thought was to find a small stream or lake to wash the mud and goblin guts off.

As she took her first step, though, she froze, then slowly turned to look at Rulkim, sitting within the shade of the trees nearby. She turned her head sharply away as she let out a long string of colorful curses, figuring even the White Lioness would have to forgive her blasphemy in this particular case.

With a tone of impatience, Isis let out a drawn-out growl.*

"Come on, Orc."

*She trudged ahead, following the sound of moving water nearby. Sure enough, there was a small rivulet of mountain snow run-off from the nearby dwarven lands. The elf lowered her bow to the ground and stripped out of her armor and boots. Then, she ripped the tie from her hair to shake out the leaves and dried flakes of mud from the silver strands before stepping into the ankle-deep current and using the icy waters to wash off the worst of the filth.*
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:42 pm

*Rulkim groans as he climbs to his feet, sleeping on odd terrain was almost second nature to the orc but it could still be uncomfortable at times. Looking about to make sure he had all his thins, he follows after the elf. Seeing her stop again, the orc grumbles only slightly about the pause so early in the morning.*

We may reach Stonedale today, if we maintain a decent pace.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:53 pm

*Isis combed both hands through her thick hair, wringing the excess water down its length.*

"If you don't like the pace I've set, feel free to go ahead without me."

*She took perhaps more time than was really necessary, but her skin shone clean and silver once more by the time she was finished. She hummed that same haunting melody from before as she pulled her armor back on and tied her hair back. With her canteen refilled, she finally began moving again towards the nearby city of Stonedale.*
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:56 pm

*Seeing that they were ready to move again, the orc sets off to keep stride with the Silbaran.*

Well then, I haven't yet asked. What brings you out of Lyramor, I don't often see your kind in my travels. Seems you prefer to stay in civilization.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 12:11 am

*Isis sniffed, a half-smile forming.*

"True enough. Most of them do like to stay behind their gilded walls and hide their heads beneath satin bed coverings. I'm one of the few charged to make certain they can continue to do so without being in complete ignorance of the world."

*Her expression became stern as she turned towards the Orc.*

"But don't let me hear you repeat any of that. You haven't the right to judge. My people are a long-lived race, advanced in thought if not always quick to act. That is why they designate such tasks to the Orders who are suited to it."

*She brushed her thumb across the lion-headed pommel of her gladius, setting her jaw with no small amount of pride.*

"I have been entrusted to make the journeys between the elves and human settlements of Alaria, to spread the word of Cera as well as to gather information about the surge of dark forces that have been rising of late. It seems no corner has remained untouched by their sudden stirrings. It is important for the Silbaran to know of this, so that we might defend ourselves better."
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 12:20 am

*The orc nods, his people were familiar with the dark forces she referred to.*

My people struggle against Quetzaya, we know her forces. When we arrive in Stonedale you should speak with my people, they could give you news from the north.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 12:30 am

"Aye, I have attempted to speak with the Orcs before. They have yet to hear me out."

*Her eyes flickered from Rulkim to the ground slightly ahead of her feet, then back again.*

"...Good chance they'd speak with you, though."
Back to top Go down
Rulkim Ice-Shod

Rulkim Ice-Shod

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 12:32 am

*Rulkim nods again in agreement*

They will speak to me. And I will help you if it sticks a bone in Quetzaya's throat. She corrupts many of my kind to her army, That is not an honorable path for orc warriors. I will see to a horse as well.
Back to top Go down
Isis Ariyth

Isis Ariyth

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 12:41 am

*For a change, the sharp-tongued Silbaran was stunned into silence. She didn't understand why Rulkim was offering his assistance any more than she understood why he had run to her aid against the goblin horde, or continued to follow her now. She passed many puzzled looks his way during the rest of the journey, having difficulty fitting this Orc in to her neat little preconceptions of what that race or other followers of Ralaeth were supposed to be.

The sun was beginning to dip lower in the sky by the time they arrived in the outer reaches of Stonedale.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wildgrowth Forest   Wildgrowth Forest - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wildgrowth Forest
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3