Erdeor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Text Based Fantasy Role Play

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drake Hybrids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Draythos

Draythos

Drake Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: Drake Hybrids   Drake Hybrids Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Oh might gods or great divines that watch over us all I have a request to make of you great powers (basically I have an idea that maybe one of you might find interesting so I have come to explain it). Anyway I had this idea and had been talking it over with some people about a new race that could be added. Its one I had made a long time ago and if any of you are from JvS, Lapay no Ryu had helped me make some things about this race before. First off here is a message I sent giving a really really sort description about them.

a race of humans who had the abilities of dragons so ya they could use the elements and also were stronger than normal humans and their skin was stronger. They of course couldn't fly and well they could have dragon like eyes. As I had said they were a very warrior like race so believed in honor and all that stuff and ya worshiped Dragons as if they were gods.

I had also been searching through some old files of mine and found a very brief explanation of most of the basic things about this race so here it is.

About Drake Hybrids:
Drake Hybrids may look human but they are very different this is because dragon blood runs through their veins giving them unnatural abilities. When in their human forms their dragon abilities are cut in half. Also when they are in their human forms their eyes take on a look of lizard like eyes that vary in color and their nails are almost like claws. The Drake Hybrid species has thick skin, which resists energy and magical effects and, to a lesser extent, physical piercing. They are considerably stronger and faster than humans, and they possess a faster rate of regeneration from non-mortal wounds. Drake Hybrids additionally have a strong 'sixth sense', which allows them to detect the use of unnatural powers, or even the very presence of a strong warrior. They also live for a very long time because they age much slower than normal people so a Drake Hybrid that looks young could really be much older than he or she appears to be. Each Drake Hybrid is able to use an element but when in their human form this ability is weaker than any of the other dragon abilities so they can only use their element with limited strength.

So to sum it up a little more they are humans with dragon blood giving them dragon like abilities. They are stronger than normal humans and all of them are capable of using elemental magic. I know there were some other attributes mentioned in the above description but I will leave those out of here so you guys can think on that. One thing that I wasn't sure if you would be ok with was a slight ability me and Ryu had come up with. Above I had mentioned "when in their human form this ability is weaker than any of the other dragon abilities" yes this suggests that they had another form one that Ryu had named Loke Form. In this form they gain full control over all their dragon abilities and they basically take on the appearance of a dragon.

That is the basics of this race so ya if any of you holy ones would be as so kind to allow even the slightest bit of these things to exist I would love you forever Very Happy Also yes I am willing to make some major alterations to the idea should any of you feel it is needed.

Last edited by Draythos on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draythos

Draythos

Drake Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drake Hybrids   Drake Hybrids Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Ok so I had taken up the time to write up a new thing of the drake Hybrids making them a little more toned down for this site. I also put more effort into it to make it a little more appealing to read so it much more neater and not so much rushed. I hope this may be more acceptable than the last idea I had posted about them and hope you enjoy reading and ya still willing to make changes to them.

Drake Hybrids:
A Drake Hybrid is a human that has the blood of a dragon coursing through their veins giving them some unnatural abilities. The first thing one would notice about a Drake Hybrid is that they grow taller than normal people do and if one were to look carefully enough they would notice their eyes look almost lizard-like. Aside from this there were other characteristics that weren’t so obvious about them such as their strength was greater than any normal human. Their skin is also much tough and harder to pierce but not impossible they can also resist energy attacks (magic) to a small degree.

Besides their physical differences they had some other ones as well like every single one of their race are capable of using magic though only elemental magic. Unfortunately for them there was drawback to this almost as if it were some sick joke or cruel twist of fate. They were limited to how much of their magical abilities they could use ranging from only weak spells most other defensive spells. This was because of their ability of having two forms a human one and another they called Loke Form.

Loke Form is where their true dragon abilities awaken making them very deadly warriors because they not only gain full control of their magical abilities but also gain the use of their full dragon blood. This doesn’t mean they turn into some huge dragon that can burn down an entire village because then they wouldn’t be a hybrid. Instead they mostly retained their human form but wings sprout from their backs, their arms take on a scaly look and their claws extend to full length. It is almost like a demonic looking form as some of the strongest even have a aura surrounding them and their eyes can completely turn into a different color.

Aside from their powers and appearance the way Drake Hybrids isn’t all that different from normal Humans. As much as they were similar they were very much different as well being more of a warrior like race one that enjoyed the thrills of battle. Some might see them as nothing more as barbaric people who would love nothing more than to kill everything in sight but their warrior culture goes much deeper than that. They have a very strong sense of honor to all around them even their opponents on the battle field and would think nothing more than to give them an honorable battle. Due to this you would rarely see them being assassins or anything that included sneaking around and taking down someone when they least expect it. They would much prefer to fight people head on without fear and even some times they would go as far as to not strike down a helpless opponent.

Back to top Go down
Draythos

Draythos

Drake Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drake Hybrids   Drake Hybrids Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Ok another idea and this one regarding Loke Form as it had been brought to my attention that that is a bit of an extent that may be to much. What if using Loke Form was a very heavy price on their strength? Like it takes a lot to maintain that form and depending on how much magic you use you would tire out more quickly. That or was it just fine with making them able to fly and use magic like everyone else good enough? If you feel i should just scrap the idea of Loke Form completely then i am perfectly fine with that too. Also should anyone have an comments or suggestion on this idea of mine I am willing to listen to anything you may have to say.
Back to top Go down
Draythos

Draythos

Drake Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drake Hybrids   Drake Hybrids Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Alright so far the major changes that Cera and Ralaeth want is to get rid of the form-shifting and and I offered to get rid of the tougher skin. So basically all you are left with is a human like species that are stronger who can only use elemental magic and have strange looking eyes. Also Ralaeth thinks they should be humans that were altered by Quetzaya. All I am waiting for now is to hear what Quetzaya thinks about this idea and the suggested changes.
Back to top Go down
Quetzaya
High God
Quetzaya

Drake Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drake Hybrids   Drake Hybrids Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:01 pm

I will accept this new race with the understanding that it is a brand new creation, with Quetzaya experimenting on her human followers to birth this stronger war fodder.

But the draconic influence of arrogance and independence, combined with their lack of reliance on the gods for magic, has an unintended side-effect of not holding as strong of a sense of loyalty as the humans they originated from. Quetzaya has yet to see the consequences of her experimentation, but like the overconfident goddess that she is, she has expressed no concern over the scales of balance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drake Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drake Hybrids   Drake Hybrids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drake Hybrids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Erdeor :: The Gods and the Laws :: Appeal to the gods-
Jump to: